Online Dental Education Library
This online library has a wide array of general dental information provided to help you with any concerns you may have about your teeth. You can click on any of the topics in the column on the left side of this page. Hopefully this will give you some information and provide you with questions for us or your family dentist.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").